Wednesday 8 April 2015

bump in, easterfest, and bump out... what a ride

The past 3 weeks have been a whirlwind of lectures, setting up for the festival called Easterfest here in Toowoomba, attending it, and tearing it down. 
The first week we had lectures on music and missions. A man from New Zealand who is a musicianary  (a missionary who plays music). He told lots of stories of God's provison, of his hard times but trusting Him through it all and what it means to follow Him and His call. It was so peaceful the whole week and a great preparation for the next 2 weeks.
The next 2 weeks we helped set up the festival. We did everything from putting up fences around the whole park it was situated in to putting up signs, unloading trucks, and hole punching. We had peanut butter and jelly sandwiches every lunch and I am very happy to be able to make lunch again. I met some pretty great men and women who were on crew. 
Then last weekend it was the festival. The bands were amazing, the food was delicious, the decorations were so cool (especially since I made or set up a lot of it), but the main thing for me was constantly being and seeking God's presence. Any time I felt like God wasn't there in this or was feeling happy but not really in God, I prayed about it and God showed me He was already there and would continue to be with me in it. The 72 hour worship venue was also one of my favourite things there. I was in one of the hour sets playing piano and doing harmony and went there another time during the weekend. It was so relaxing and peaceful amongst the loudness and high energy of the rest of easterfest. It was amazing just basking in God.
Then after an amazing Spirit filled but physically exhausting 2 weeks, we went in to bump out which is tearing down the whole thing we just put up. All of us were so tired on monday morning, and I was constantly praying the whole day and Tuesday as well for strength to stay awake, be positive, and shine God's light into the rest of my time there.
Then yesterday started our lectures on father heart, lordship, and surrender. It's been so awesome and challenging and I'm still processing it all. It's basically about laying down yourself, your desires and "needs" and needing God, not just what He does for you or how He makes you feel, but Him And who He is. If anyone wants to talk to me about it, feel free to email me.
Anyway, my outreach to Cambodia is in two weeks. I haven't really had time to think about all that will entail, but am just trusting God at this point to see me through, change my heart, and have them see God and be changed as well. We're going to a mission called destiny rescue for a week, helping out at a ywam base there, and at a street mission. I'm most excited for destiny rescue. They rescue young girls who've been in the sex trade and teach them about God, their identity in Christ, and train them up in a trade or pay for schooling.  It's a type of organization I'd like to be part of in the future and I'm blessed to be a part of it for even a little while so soon. 
Thank you all for your prayers and support in that way. I love you and want you to know that God loves you and wants the best for His kingdom. It's all for His glory. 
Until next time... 

No comments:

Post a Comment